About the project
We want to show that many parishes, regional churches and dioceses are do a good job in public Relations and present those with their websites and social network pages. kirchen-im-web.de also compares the follower numbers of the social network pages.
Our Project is oecumenic, i. e. regardless whether Protestants, Catholic or free church - all can participate.
How to I register a / my church?
For the directory we need the addresses, the websites and social media pages. Because this is public available Information, this has only to be collected and maintained. Everyone who wants to spend a little time on this can help.
- You want to register your (or another) church? That's possible using this form. In the map or the table you can check up whether the church is already listed.
- You have a data set and want us to include the data? Then please contact one of the developers.
What is the difference to similiar Projects?
- Our Project is oecumenic, i. e. regardless whether Protestants, Catholic or free church - all can participate.
- Open Data: The data is available in a free and open format, i. e. the data may be used for other projects, too.
- The data are automatically validated - this helps to find errors. In Addition we test frequently whether the linked pages still exist. This is why our map and table are always up to date.
- The source code is open source.
You have a question not answered here?
Contact us! Of course suggestions for improvement are welcome.